Fire and Rescue Service is urging residents to stay warm safely following recent incidents

0
131

Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service is urging people in the Moorlands to keep warm safely following a serious fire elsewhere in the county.

Several Fire Crews were called to a property in Stafford at 1.26am on Saturday, September 8, after a fire broke out in a bungalow. They used a hose reel jet and two firefighters wore breathing apparatus to put out the blaze which started in the ceiling void between the living room and bedroom.

The occupiers were alerted to the fire when their smoke alarm activated and they evacuated straight away. Station Manager Simon Craythorn said: “This incident involved heat conduction from a duel fuel burner which caused a fire to develop in the floor space of the bedroom.”

He added that the fire service are now advising residents to check their burners for any damage and ensure they are well maintained. This advice goes for any type of heaters or electric blankets.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here