It’s World Food Day today, and I want to share with you one of my favourite recipes. I do a fair amount of baking and cooking at home so it’s safe to say I love my food.
Here is my recipe for chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream!
– 300ml dairy free milk (I used coconut)
– 1 tbsp lemon juice
– 150g dairy free butter
– 3 tbsp maple syrup
– 1 tsp coffee granules
– 280g self-raising flour
– 4 tbsp cocoa powder
– 100g caster sugar
– 1 tsp baking soda
For the buttercream:
– 75g dairy free butter
– 200g icing sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat fan oven to 160c.
- Stir lemon juice into the non dairy milk and set aside.
- In a pan, over medium heat, melt the butter, maple syrup and coffee granules together. Set aside for a few minutes.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda then whisk together.
- Pour the milk mix and melted mix into the flour mix and whisk together until smooth.
- Divide the mixture into cake cases and bake for around 30 minutes (or until a skewer comes out clean)
- While the cakes cool, make the buttercream by creaming together the butter, icing sugar and vanilla
- Once the cakes are completely cool, you can pipe the buttercream onto your cupcakes however you like, and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy the recipe! Let me know if you give this a go and post a picture below!