Officers are appealing for information after two laptops were stolen from a property in Cobridge.
Police were called shortly before midnight on Saturday (6 November) to an address near to Cobridge Road in Stoke-on-Trent following reports of a burglary.
Officers attended and a man reported his backpack had been stolen.
The backpack contained one laptop, which had all of his PhD work on, and a further laptop.
A Sharp LCD TV was also taken in the burglary, which is believed to have taken place between 4pm and 11.50pm.
Police are reminding residents to ensure all windows and doors are secured in their properties, especially in the lead up to the festive period.
We recommend that you do the following, before you go out:
- Close and lock all your doors and windows
- Double-lock any door
- Make sure valuables are out of sight and away from any letterbox or cat-flap
- In the evening, shut the curtains and leave lights on
- Use a timer device to automatically turn lights and a radio on at night
- Set your burglar alarm
- Lock any side gates, sheds and garages
- Use ground anchors in sheds and garages to secure any bicycles.
Officers are appealing to anyone who may have saw what happened in the Cobridge Road area, or who may have CCTV or dashcam footage of the area at the time of the burglary, to get in touch.
Contact Staffordshire Police on Facebook, Twitter, or call 101, quoting incident number 038 of 6 November.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.