More Staffordshire families can now sign up to take part in the Covid Test & Collect Service after the scheme was launched in every district and borough seven days a week.
Following a successful pilot, people will now be able to book a test and then collect up to two packs to continue testing and recording the results in the comfort of their own homes.
Anyone who lives with children or staff at nurseries, schools and colleges can take part in the drive to help people stay safe and schools open as further lockdown restrictions are eased from today (March 29).
Dr Richard Harling, Staffordshire County Council’s Director of Health and Care, said: “We know that one in three people who have the virus show no symptoms, so testing is hugely important to help identify more people who may unknowingly have and be spreading the virus.
“As lockdown restrictions ease a little further today and we look forward to more of the country opening up in the future, we must do everything we can to make the government’s plan a reality. This means taking up the offer of a vaccine when eligible, and regular, twice-weekly testing.
“We’re encouraging households of pupils and education staff to take up our ‘Test and Collect’ offer to help keep more people safe and well. Rapid testing detects cases quickly – in under 30 minutes – meaning positive cases can isolate immediately. This means more schools and businesses will be able to stay open, reducing disruption and stopping the spread in our communities.”
The Community Test & Collect Service for households, childcare and support bubbles with children or staff at nurseries, schools or colleges can be booked at www.staffordshire.gov.uk/testing
The following venues are offering Test & Collect. You can also find your nearest at Find a test centre (test-and-trace.nhs.uk)
- Cannock – Cannock Leisure Centre every day
- East Staffordshire – Hillfield House every day
- Lichfield – St John’s Church (Mon, Tues & Sun). Lichfield FC (Wed, Thurs, Fri & Sat)
- Newcastle – Seabridge Centre every day
- South Staffordshire – Wombourne Library every day
- Stafford – Kingston Centre every day
- Staffordshire Moorlands – Brough Park Leisure Centre Leek (Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs & Sun). Biddulph Leisure Centre (Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri & Sat). South Moorlands Leisure Centre Cheadle (Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri & Sat)
- Tamworth – Ankerside Shopping Centre, every day
Everyone in Staffordshire is being urged to book a test twice a week. Those not eligible for collecting home kits can still book a test at our community testing centres and touring pop-ups. Full details of all the options and how to book can be found at www.staffordshire.gov.uk/coronavirus
People with symptoms should self-isolate and book a test at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or ring 119